I was so busy having fun yesterday that I didn't get to post my thoughts. The world survived.
But for those who are still on pins and needles, here they are:
1. I LOVE the Olympics. But who doesn't? Actually, a lot of people. I feel like the Olympics are the one event you can't criticize. But it's happening, and social media is a huge part of it. Athletes being banned because of controversial tweets, and NBC being criticized for coverage (or lack of it during live events and holding it until prime-time). Can't we just all get along? Isn't that what the Olympics are all about?
2. I HATE the Olympics. Just kidding. But it definitely makes me wish that I was really really really good at ONE thing. I dabble in so much stuff, and never quite master anything: cooking, baking, running, tennis, scrapbooking, design - why can't I just pick one?! But I love them all...and I love trying them all. Damn my need to try and learn new things before I finish the last new thing.
3. My family from England was visiting this past weekend - so we watched the opening Olympic Ceremonies from London, with Londoners in my living room. My 6-year-old cousin kept joyfully exclaiming, "That's my country! I love England!" in the cutest English accent you have EVER heard. Seriously.
4. Louie got some new diggs this weekend - his first wardrobe piece for winter, a thermal hoodie. Hilarious and adorable. He loved wearing it, and by that, I mean that he didn't try to take it off. I think I'm going to try little booties next. I never in my life thought I would be that GIRL that buys clothes for her small dog. But loooook at how cuuuuute he is!!
5. Louie also found a new toy - that is the same size as his head. He also got an A+++++ at puppy class this week (he pays attention so well) because he can SIT! And now I ask him to sit all the time, and I'm sure he's thinking, "Mom, I get it. I'm tired of sitting. Just give me the treat."
6. With the Brits in town, we did so much "Madison" stuff that Tim and I don't normally do anymore. Walk down State Street, hang out at the Union, get some ice cream, go to the Farmer's Market, have a beer/bloody at Cooper's after the Farmer's Market. It was great. And always fun to show the people from across the pond that we are more than beer and brats.
7. On Saturday, we headed to Milwaukee to celebrate one of my dear friend's golden birthdays! A boat tour along the river and out to Lake Michigan, ending with Germanfest's firework display. Apart from the girl who stabbed my toe with her stiletto, it was a great night.
8. I made this dessert again - also known as the Osama Bin Laden dessert. Why you ask? Because I made it one night before we settled down to catch up on some shows, and then found out that Osama Bin Laden had been killed. So we ate peach and blueberry crumbles as we watched the news unfold.
9. My co-worker Kristin won a Bare Minerals girls night out party - so really that's what I did last night instead of blogging. First up was some tea from Teavana, then over to the Bare Minerals store at the mall. We had our make-up done by the pros and of course I succumbed to buying their amazing product (I already own a lot of it...highly recommend). And then we rounded out the night by finishing with some sushi. Kristin also had the opportunity to meet Justin Bieber! She was speechless.
10. And now, I will leave you with some sleepy Louie pictures. He was worn out this weekend after playing with my cousin, Mia and also my in-law's dog, Bailey. I'm pretty sure he slept for 16 hours straight.