I'm sure no one noticed, but I did slide past last Monday without posting "monday thoughts". Turns out, the world survived and life went on.
1. We watched the Newsroom finale tonight and it was AWESOME. If you're not watching, go now to your nearest TV and DVR it. Now.
2. Since we are a) leaving the country for 2 weeks soon and b) trying to save a little money for that trip, we've been trying to eat all the weird things in the house instead of going grocery shopping. Exhibit A: Trader Joe's frozen chicken potstickers, frozen brown rice, and CSA eggplant, in a homemade crust (I needed a veggie!) Weird but good. The inspiration for the eggplant came from the lovely Pioneer Woman and her Yummy Grilled Zucchini recipe.
4. I read a scary article on how terrible sitting all day is for your health. So I created a standing desk for $22. For the standing desk story in full along with instructions on how to make, click here.
6. We had our all company meeting last week at Sundance - and I don't know if I have the words to describe a) how cool it was and b) how I appreciated all the little details that went into the day. Feel truly lucky to work for such an awesome company.
8. Louie came with me to work for a half day last week, and he did very well. I had him on his leash, so he wasn't running all over, and he took guard in front of my cube. Hilarious. He was well behaved and no accidents! Proud mama here.
Have a great week everyone!