On the last day of the year, many are reflecting on what 2012 meant to them. In lieu of my traditional monday thoughts will be thoughts on 2012 - and looking back, it was a busy year.
1. Travel: we were fortunate enough to do a lot of traveling this year for which I'm very grateful. It's something that I love to do, and would pick travel over almost anything (like buying a new car which we've been putting off). We made it to the Virgin Islands, I had a work trips to Charlotte and LA, a wedding in New York, and then the big daddy of them all, 2 weeks in Europe for Oktoberfest.
2. New family member: we picked up Louie on May 6, 2012. And we both will admit that we are smitten and can't remember life without this little chihuahua with a big personality. But let's be serious, if you read this blog, you already know that.
3. Work: Tim and I both were promoted to new positions this year within our companies. I'd by lying if I said it was easy - it has been a challenging year for us both. But, with the changes have come growth for both of us, and I'm excited to see how 2013 pans out. I also got my husband back on a regular shift which is so nice.
4. Family: We welcomed our first nephew into the family this year! He brings obvious joy to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, and of course to us as well. He is such a little cutie and can't wait to see how he grows in the next year.
5. Running: 2012 was the year of running. My one little word for 2012 was run, and I think I fulfilled my goals. 2 marathons, 3 half marathons and then some 10Ks and 5Ks sprinkled in there for a total of 877 miles.
6. House: we did quite a bit of renovations this year too! Gutted the master bath, Tim tiled three rooms, and replaced our wood floors because of a dishwasher leak. We are looking forward to no big projects next year.
2012 flew by - where does time go? But looking forward at the opportunity to make 2013 another great one.
What moments from your year stand out?
Happy New Year!