A long overdue Monday Thoughts. Things have been kinda crazy.
1. Four days until Mexico.
2. Four days until Mexico.
3. Did I mention I'm escaping this Wisconsin Winter and going to Mexico?
4. Even Louie is excited. No, he doesn't get to come along and visit his homeland. But he goes on his own "vacation" with my mum. New toys, not in his house all day, and ridiculous amounts of attention from my mum lead me to believe he won't want to come home.
5. SNOW! 8-9 inches tomorrow. Another reason I can't wait to go to....yep, Mexico.
6. New best friends! Yes, good running shoes are your best friends, seriously. I ran in Asics GT-2160s and of course, those are no longer available. So the new 2000s are the closest to it.
7. This guy. He's soooo AWESOME. I know that everyone probably says that about their nephew, but I'm just so in love with him.
8. Louie hijacked my phone! He's so talented with his little paws. He sent his dad a message.
9. Whaaaaa? I can't hear you.
10. Really awesome and quick weeknight meal is this Quinoa "Fried" Rice. It's delicious, and we usually just add whatever vegetables we have in the house. Tips: cook quinoa in chicken broth for more flavor. I also start the base out with my mum's mircha masala mix, which is garlic, ginger, onion, and chili paste. It's delicious. If there's enough of a request for this, I may have her guest blog with the recipe. Also, smother this in hot sauce.
Have a great week!