Hi! I'm alive! And also flattered and humbled by the number of people who have told me they missed Monday Thoughts. But really, I know you just miss the Louie pictures.
Several things have happened in the last month that have made me...busier. It's definitely harder to keep up on the blog - but my goal is to never make it a chore, and write when I want to instead of forcing it. So Monday Thoughts may become....Occasional Monday Thoughts?
1. New job, yay! I love it and it's amazing, and I'm incredibly grateful, but it does take up more time in my life. Things could be worse though - I honestly love the work I do, so spending more time on it's not that bad.
2. Marathon training is intense! We are already hitting upwards of 30+ miles a week, which was a max for me last go around. Last week was a total of 36 miles, with 17 miles before work on Friday and 7 miles the next day at race pace. The pace runs directly after long runs are hard, but I feel are already paying off. But it takes SO MUCH TIME.
3. I had the joy and honor of spending an entire 3 days with my best-est friends in Minocqua a couple of weekends ago (minus two girls, which was sad). This weekend is something I look forward to every year. The company is great, and I literally insta-relax there.
4. Louie! He's still awesome. And so cuddly lately. We've gone through several new stages including a "I don't want to eat" stage, a "I want to stay in bed all day" stage, and a "I'm depressed because my g'ma left me" stage.
5. This past weekend, Tim and I ran away to Chicago for a night out on the town, which included dinner at Gilt Bar, going to the Book of Mormon, trying to stay awake for a post-show drink, and then calling it a night (party animals!) The show was AWESOME - go see it. Especially if you appreciate satire.
Oh, and this was my anniversary present from Tim! An "experience" gift is so much more amazing than a "thing" (unless it's another puppy - that would be ok). Which is why we are going to Mumford & Sons in September. Yes!
6. Yes, we are still primal/paleo. Still experiencing good things (running, anyone?), and feeling great. I've also spread the word - lightly - and think I've made some friends explore this lifestyle. That's all you can do, and the rest is a very personal and individual journey. My goal is to post some of the amazing recipes that we've made lately....when I make the time.
As if I have a time machine in my backyard that churns it out.
7. RACE WEEK! It's race week, folks. Madison Mini Half Marathon on Saturday in...Madison. Very excited as this is my favorite race of the year. Weather is looking good, so I'm hoping to actually race it, and dare I say it, run a PR. So that's a sub-158:07 for me. Here we go!
8. Louie! First longish road trip. He was stellar.
Have a favorite "experience" gift? Let's hear it.
Any races coming up? How's your training going?
And if you follow a paleo/primal lifestyle, I want to know your FAVORITE recipe.