Hi! The last time I posted, it was summer. And now, it's fall. Blogging fail.
1. I officially became a godmother yesterday! My adorable nephew, Reed, was baptised, and I stood by as he tried to jump into the holy water. Man, that kid loves his baths.
6. Shoutlet Badger tailgate this past weekend was a success! Perfect weather, great crowd. Obviously the youngest bunch were the cutest.
7. Of course, with it being fall, pumpkin treats are necessary! These are primal pumpkin bars, so no grains or refined sugars, with cream cheese frosting. They passed the "taste" test aka Tim ate them all.
8. And this pretty much made my day (other than putting my chihuahua in a cow costume, of course). Louie wrapped himself around the gutter, yanked it off the house, and then ran around terrified that this "thing" was following him. He's very special.
9. We are officially tapering for the marathon! We ran our last 20 miler on Saturday, and it was AMAZING. Felt strong, held pace, and was just overall happy. 3 weeks until the Chicago Marathon.
Then, that night, I was flexing my feet, for no reason, and something POPPED in my right leg, mid-calf. This POP left me unable to walk down the stairs, or walk normally without something snapping in my leg.
Until tonight, I was a walking, combustible mess, ready to cry at any moment. But after lots of elevation, ice, and compression, I can walk down the stairs tonight. YAY! The thought of not being able to run the marathon was pretty devastating to me until.....
10. I got some perspective in life. I just found out that my good friend lost her sister (who was in her early 30s) to breast cancer. Life is precious, short, and unforgiving at times. So without sounding too cliche, be present, grateful, and enjoy each moment.