So I missed Monday....and the two Mondays before that. You can always tell when things at work get busy when....
In celebration of Thanksgiving this week, this will be a thankful post full of thankful thoughts.
1. I am thankful for good friends. We hosted our annual Friendsgiving last weekend - 25 adults and 5 babies. We ate an entire 26-pound turkey, plus countless sides and desserts. This is year number 7 that I've participated (Tim and his roommates hosted in college prior to us meeting).
2. Thanksgiving, thankfully, is mostly primal, and you can avoid the weird glances and quizzical looks. Both of the dishes I made (Pecan Pie Squares from Primal Cravings and Sweet Potato Casserole from Deliciously Organic) were primal, and no one knew any better. Tim's turkey was primal....obviously.
3. I'm thankful for my Louie, who was exhausted after Friendsgiving. Licking all the kids' hands and cleaning up their leftover food was hard work.
4. Christmas came slightly early in the form of a Santa Hedgehog. The noise this thing makes is hilarious, and Louie quickly became BFF with the toy.
5. Being a chihuahua is hard work, man.
6. I'm thankful for re-discovering my creative outlet - scrapbooking. I started a Week in the Life project more than 2 years ago, and finished it last week. It's a very cool project where you track your daily life for a week in pictures and journaling, and then document into one book. I've completed one every two years, so I've decided to do Week in the Life, Christmas style, December 9th - December 15th for 2013.
7. It happened. The first "real" snow. It's been so cold that's it's still on the ground. I'm not going to lie, I like it. I guess that's the Canadian in me.
8. I'm thankful for my employment - I hate to call it work, because it's not work. It's a daily adventure, full of twists and turns, challenges and joys. Three years ago this week I started at Shoutlet. Time flies when you're having fun and working with good people. Plus, I got a bottle of mini champagne. Who doesn't love mini champagne?!
9. I'm thankful for my in-laws family that I'll be spending Thanksgiving with, and my family who will be with me in spirit, enjoying some milder weather in the Carolinas. I'm thankful for my friends, and looking forward to sharing some mimosas over brunch on Friday.
10. And finally, I'm thankful for my husband, for he can cook a turkey, and handle all those flopping gross bits that make me squeamish. Oh, and he's a pretty great guy too. ♥
Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you have wonderful one, and resist the urge to leave your family for silly sales. Unless it's Friday - and in that case, good luck.