As I've missed every Monday in December, here's a massive compilation of Christmas Thoughts in photos.
I've taken on some more responsibility at work, so I tabled blog posts for a while. It was worth it - we worked hard to launch a new website, new messaging and positioning, new goals, and more. Very exciting.
1. We've had so much snow already this year - at least, that is what it feels like. One morning, it was so beautiful that we drove around to take it all in.
2. And thank goodness this was the year we purchased a snow blower! Well worth the money thus far.
4. Started and finished the Christmas cards a little later than normal this year. I may be one of the strange people who actually enjoy sending cards - all the way from addressing each envelope, to catching up with people when asking for their new addresses.
5. What would Christmas be without a new doggie jacket? Louie was well equipped for the snow and cold.
6. Before heading to Milwaukee for Christmas, Tim and I exchanged gifts at home. One of my favorite things in life is to find or create a gift that makes the person say, "Wow! You were listening to me" or "Wow, you really get me." (Marketing insights, anyone?) So I've been secretly working on a medal hanger for all our race medals with chalkboard paint, so current PR times can be included. I'll post the full project at some point!
7. I learned how to play cribbage. I love Christmas for all the games!
8. Reed, my nephew, was especially adorable this Christmas. He's walking (like a cute, drunken sailor) and it's crazy to see how much he's grown up.
9. My Christmas Eve photo - when I took this, everyone was in bed. It was so peaceful with the Christmas tree glowing in the dark, and it really felt like "Christmas" to me in this moment.
10. My three favorite people/animals on Christmas morning! Even though my family was in North Carolina, we had a massive group text going all day. We shared it virtually. I'm lucky and grateful, too, that my in-laws and their family have taken me in and treat me like I was their daughter, sister, niece, etc. But it's still hard to be away from family on this day.
11. Family photo.
12. Sisters! (Technically sisters-in-law, but feels more like sisters).
13. If Christmas had a theme this year, it would be running and coffee. We are the new owners of a Starbucks Verismo, and let's just say our coffee intake has increased. Tim also found this Wisconsin mug for me which I LOVE. It includes the Capitol, terrace chairs, cheese, farm and cows, a football, the Allen Bradley clock and building, and Port Washington lighthouse (I think - I'm guessing at all of these).
14. Reed has so many new toys to play with! Here he is enjoying a new truck. Note to self: toy packaging is super intense. This one involved a screwdriver and lots of effort.
15. And finally, post Christmas, I experienced a wonderful sunrise run. Here's to winter.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!